Cluaran in Gaelic means thistle. In our hunt for thistle buttons, we uncovered dozens made with brass, a handful made with pewter, but only three made with jet glass. All three of these button types adorn this necklace. In this design they’re paired with a jet glass buckle button which was a symbol of fiedelity in Victorian times, and a silver-plated thistle uniform button.
As this piece is a limited edition, you’ll receive the exact buttons you see in the image (while they last).
In this piece:
- Three antique jet glass thistle buttons with silver luster, circa 1880-90
- One jet glass buckle button with silver luster, circa 1880-90
- One vintage thistle uniform button
- Silver-plated brass filigree bead chain
- Length is 16” with 4” extender